The One Must-See Exhibit at IBS
Find propane-fueled home appliances and energy-efficient heating equipment for your next project at the American Natural Gas and Propane Industries Exhibit.
The International Builders' Show is the year's best opportunity for builders to meet personally with suppliers and check out all of the latest technologies and design trends in person. And with the three-day show (Jan. 2224 in Las Vegas) sure to pass by in a flash, there's one exhibit builders must see: the American Natural Gas and Propane Industries Exhibit, at Booth C2614.
This year, the booth sponsored by the Propane Education & Research Council hosts a top-notch collection of product manufacturers showcasing the latest in high-performance, high-efficiency, and "wow"-inducing propane-fueled products. Further, booth visitors can register to win one of three Generac LP3250 portable generators or a Fire Magic Aurora A540 gas grill.
Builders looking for the latest innovative energy solutions will also be able to learn more about the applications that make up the Propane Energy Pod. It's a model for new-home construction that merges five applications of propane space heating, water heating, cooking, clothes drying, and fireplaces into an integrated, whole-home energy package. The exhibit will tell the real-world success stories of builders integrating Pod principles into their projects and getting the energy performance to prove it.
Here's a roundup of just a few of the products you can check out in person at the exhibit.
Visitors to the American Natural Gas and Propane Industries Exhibit at Booth C2614 can register to win a Fire Magic Aurora A540 gas grill.
- Grill aficionados who stop by the exhibit to win a Fire Magic grill can stay to take home some new ideas for designing outdoor kitchens. RH Peterson, manufacturer of Fire Magic grills and other propane-fueled fireplace and outdoor grill products, will be displaying an outdoor kitchen with several propane-fueled grills, a beverage center, a built-in refrigerator, and a power side burner. Adding outdoor rooms and landscaping to their projects can create significant additional revenue for builders, says Tod Corrin, senior vice president of RH Peterson. "It's a win-win situation, because the new home buyer can wrap that into their mortgage if they buy that at the time that they're buying their home." The company's products will also be on display at The New American Home 2013, which attendees can tour during the show via free shuttle buses (ticket required) from the Las Vegas Convention Center.
FiveStar ranges are made in the United StatesCleveland, Tenn., to be exactjust like the propane that fuels them.
- FiveStar, division of Brown Stove Works and manufacturer of high-end professional-style gas cooking appliances, will display its 48-inch, double-oven, dual-fuel range. The range includes six burners on the cooktop and a griddle-grill area with a reversible preseasoned cast-iron plate. For builders working with propane, the manufacturer will factory-set the ranges for propane so pros can avoid a field conversion when they install the range.
A Copper Sculptures lantern graces a home in the Dallas area.
- Copper Sculptures and Legendary Lighting specialize in copper gas lanterns, available in propane or natural gas and with electronic ignition, which allows homeowners to switch the lanterns on and off like an electric light. They'll be showing new designs that complement homes with modern architectural aesthetics, says Kathy Shook, owner of both companies. "They give the builder a signature look to their particular home, project, or development because they are so unique," she says. "We'll be glad to speak to builders about different design options and applications."
The NPE Navien Premium condensing gas tankless water heater.
- Navien America's newly launched NPE Premium condensing tankless water heater is field-convertible to operate with propane or natural gas and has a unique feature: it can be used with 1/2-inch gas lines, instead of 3/4-inch, so that homeowners switching out their water heater may not need to change their gas lines. The 95 percent efficient water heater includes a built-in buffer tank with a recirculating pump to eliminate the "cold water sandwich" effect: the burst of cold water that can come before the hot water kicks in when a tankless water heater cycles on and off.
Yanmar's CP10WN micro-CHP unit.
- Builders will have an opportunity to see Yanmar America's new 5-kilowatt micro-CHP (combined heat and power) unit in person. CHP systems use a propane or natural gas generator to create electricity that powers the home while also producing thermal heat to warm the home or create hot water. The 5-kilowatt CP5WN, ideal for homes between 2,500 and 8,000 square feet, joins the company's existing 10-kilowatt CP10WN unit. To learn more about the technology, check out One Piece of Equipment That Can Demolish Electric Bills or visit the Propane Training Academy to find Impact of Combined Heat and Power Systems in Residential and Commercial Buildings, available in on-demand webinar or print-ready PDF.)